Friday, June 26, 2009

Beer Review #1-Wild Blue Lager


From time to time i'd like to offer my opinions on different beers. I buy random brands and styles of beers, now and then, just to taste whats out there. Maybe it will help you find a new fun beer or even prevent you from having to finish a six pack of something you don't like.

This Review is on Wild Blue Lager by Amheiser Busch. I took a chance on it and bought a six pack at a local Circle K, so it's easy to find. The Packaging that of a micro brew, with a blue bulldog pooping a blueberry and shooing it away. That should be the first clue!

I read the label, 8% ABV, which sounded good. It also said it had a light blueberry taste, sounds nice for a summer lager. I opened a bottle, smelled the aroma and it smelled like a lager with a light aroma of blueberry. Upon pouring the bottle into a glass( I like to let the bubbles stir it and view clarity) i noticed it was a BLUE beer. I tasted it and it is Full On blueberry! You get the initial taste and overall feel of drinking a beer, but it's blueberry, man. I thought they might have used blueberry in the brewing process, i didn't expect it to be that high a concentration.

After reading the label further, it states, infused with natural blueberry flavor. It was not all that bad, though(is beer ever?) It's a beer you may start out with, may have with a summer dinner outside or even share with your lady, when you just want to talk over a drink. I didn't feel this was a beer you could drink all night, it took me 4 nights to finish the six pack off. I would prefer it over the lime brands out there, but thats me and thats another issue.

Out of 5 stars, i'd give it a 3. It was tasty, not bitter and summery. You can find more on it at http://www.wildbluelager.com/. They even offer cooking recipes for pork marinades and vinegrette dressing, cool. Try it, tell me if i'm wrong. Later-CHOPPER

No comments:

Post a Comment